Goodwill Re-do for $2.00 and a Little Birdie....

Little Birdie~ I purchased these cute little birdies at Hobby Lobby on sale for $1.50! Great Price! But I just didn't like the color~ No problem for me~ Just change it!

Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink and a cotton pad for the base. A little brown ink from an ink pad using a make up wedge to high light some edges and a charcoal pencil for fine details. To finish a coat of spray varnish! YEAH ~ A new little birdie to fly and perch onto one of my projects. Finished Birdie
Birdie birdie before my handiwork.....

Cheese Tray from Goodwill for $1.19! Great Buy!!!!
Apply Scrapbook Paper.......
Sand Edges of Tray and Paint Easter Eggs.....
To make speckles on Eggs, Use Toothbrush with brown paint and flick....To finish eggs I sprayed with Spray Varnish.
For me to get the paint finish that I wanted, I painted the tray four different colors of my choice and then sanded the tray. This made the tray look old and used. I then hit the edges with an ink pad to give it more of an antique look. To finish, I gave it a coat of Satin Varnish.
Bottom of Tray....
Tray with nest and eggs!!
Oh So Sweet!
My finished Goodwill Project!
How about this for about a $2.00 project??
I think Birdie wants to sit by it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment