My "Celebrities"....

I was driving home today from Athens (Home of the UGA Bulldogs) and once again my mind started drifting away. I was thinking about celebrities of today and basically how few role models we have for our children. I thought about how as adults we put so many people on pedestals, looking at how they live their life and desperately desiring the same life for ourselves. What is it about people on TV, politicians, athletes that we have this thought process that tells us they are smarter, stronger, better looking...... Well, basically that they live this incredible perfect life. After topping one of the hills on Highway 78, all I could see was the puffy clouds in the sky. My first thought..... Wow, I wish Jesus would just swipe us all up right now so that we could be with Him! Then I started thinking about in Heaven I couldn't wait to meet my "celebrities" there....... To see Jonah and his adventure with the whale......
Talk to David and hear of his mighty adventure against Goliath


And Noah...... What faith to go against everyone and know that God was speaking to him
Two of my favorites, Ruth and Naomi..... The most beautiful story of love and devotion

And my favorite role model..... Paul! We never knew what the "thorn" was, but he lived with it and knew that God had a job for him to do. He suffered, but he suffered for God's Victory!
Yes, these are my role models..... the one's that I one day look forward to talking and fellowshipping with! Praise God for His Wonderful Word.... It's there that we find some of our truest heroes and role models.

0 comments:

Post a Comment