Comfort....

Thinking about the word Comfort and what it means~ When you feel Tired, Angry, Ecstatic, Lonely, Frightened, Alone, or Grieving what or who do you turn to find Comfort? I asked myself this question this week and was not exactly happy with the answers. Some of us turn to food, some turn to alcohol and others have some other type of crutch that they will turn to. Well, we know that food want help ~ we keep gaining weight and we keep getting more miserable. Alcohol definitely doesn't fit the puzzle part~ It effects so many besides our own personal self that I can't even begin to to tell the story in one blog! (Not even to talk about the effects of driving under the influence)
YOU see, we have only ONE TRUE and ULTIMATE COMFORTER for ALL things ~ The Great Healer, the Great I AM, the One that we should turn to for all things ~ Jesus Christ! He is not a quick fix, not imaginary, HE IS THE REAL THING! I started thinking~ Wow, here I am this so-called strong Christian and I don't even turn to Him every chance I get.......... How do people survive without HIS strength! I know that I need His Strength and Comfort daily to get through. If you are reading and you want to understand more about His comfort and strength, I have made available one of my favorite Internet tools... The Bible Gateway! Please, use it at the top of my page. It is an incredible resource for learning more about God's word! You will find more daily strength than you can ever imagine by just staying in His word! Remember, God is Good ~ All the Time!
Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment