Some of my Favorite Childhood Christmas Memories...

My MOM and DAD and Papa on the side!My MOM and Aunt Shirley

My husband "MOOSE", better known as Reid now, me (pregnant with Chase), cousin Doug and MOM. We are still opening our Davidson's boxes. (Macy's)

Papa, Grandma, Daddy, Aunt Betty and Aunt Shirley!




*Year after year seeing one side of my family gather on one weekend together and the other side gather on the next weekend. All at my mother and daddy's house. I never knew how my mother did it. She always was smiling and looked like she was having the time of her life. The house was packed full of laughter and fun!
These are some of my favorite Childhood Memories...
*My mother making Japanese Icebox fruitcake.....

This is so good and I HATE FRUITCAKE!

1 Box Graham Crackers – crushed
1 Large Jar Marshmallow Melt
1 Box White Raisins
1 Box Vanilla Wafers – Crushed
1 Cup Cherries – Red and Green
1 Cup Coconut
1 Cup Pecans
1 Cup Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
Mix all ingredients and form in a loaf. Decorate top with cherries and nuts if desired.
She looked like she was having so much fun mixing all of this stuff together. Sometimes she would let us help.

*Getting up for breakfast one year thinking that all that my sister and I had under the Christmas tree was a pair of dingo boots. We were 13 and 11.... We went to breakfast with a little sad look on our face and dad told us to go outside for something and there they were.... TWO beautiful purple Yamaha 100 motorcycles. Life was never the same! For my uncle and dad either.

*I am truly a Macy's kid... My grandmother worked at Macy's (Davidson's at one time) for a gazillion years. I remember as a child sitting on the steps outside waiting for her to get off from work. Anyways.... one of my Christmas memories as a child was always opening that Macy's box with a sweater in it for all the grandgirls and a shirt in it for all the grandboys. There was 14 grandchildren.
What is one of you favorite Childhood Memories?


signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment