Getting in the MOOD for my trick or treaters....

Yes, I am in the mood for Halloween! I love having the neighborhood children, plus others from surrounding neighborhoods (last year around 125), visit my home! I love to see the creativity of the costumes, how well mannered the children are (Yes, most are awesome), hear the remarks on our decorations (we try to add something different every year for the children) and well, I just love to visit!!! Everyone seems so happy!
Today I started putting out a few things and re-using some of my other things to create a couple of vignettes. I think you can be scary and yet it be a little humorous~ Don't you just love the vintage clocks mixed in with everything else?I really wanted to mix some of my blackbirds in.... Michael's on sale!
I try to buy everything in these dark, vintage looking colors!
I will also use these at Thanksgiving!
I put stickers (Michael's) on a few candles and glass jars!
I love rocks, so I filled a couple of the jars with little tiny rocks!
I love the Bingo card tucked in my glass jar!
The Stickers are Martha Stewart! I don't know if I can stand to take them off after Halloween!
Monster Spider climbing out of my vase!
I hope this has inspired you to get ready for Fall!!
I have to go now and start thinking about my Goody Bags!
As one kid asked last year~ "My Grandfather said this is the house that made the best Goody Bags? Is HE right?" with a great big grin on his face! And as I pulled out the decorated liquor bag (yes, I use the long liquor bags for treats~ CHEAP) he had to say my favorite word....
WOW!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment