The rest of the goodies...


So... I took Reid and the truck back to pick up "MY" new desk (there were drifting thoughts of letting Whit have it for her new apartment). As we pull up, the lady looked exhausted. The day with the heat had been miserable. But I could tell with what was left she had a good yard sale! But in the process it had uncovered a few more goodies for me, but thank goodness at a cheaper price. The one thing that didn't sell that I was shocked, was her grandfathers old desk chair. I didn't ask the first time how much it was because I knew it was probably out of my price range. With the day coming to the end I was curious at the price. I felt like heaven had just poured down on me when she said $40.00. All the nail heads were in perfect condition, the leather was like new on front, back and bottom. It rocked liked a rocker should and it had rubber rollers that I could roll all over the room with! Oh my goodness~ not only did I have his desk but now I owned his chair. It now will have a home and will be cherished and loved as it was by this family! Oh how I love other people's stuff! Thank you Lord for these gifts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment