Over my blog vacation and a new decorated room....





Yes, I am back!

It feels like forever since I made my last post and I have so much to tell you!

Today's post will be about decorating a new bedroom in my home!

When we built our home, we had a small room in the front (probably most would use for an office) that I felt would have more potential if I put a door in the room entering our master bath. When you look through this door and my master bath/master bedroom door you can see straight through. We have been here seven years and the room has served as everything with the exception of a bedroom. To tell the truth over the last year I have hit the age where sometimes I need to allow my husband a good night's sleep and sleep in another room. This room does it. I can see him.... He can't hear me!

When I decided to decorate this room, I wanted something different from the rest of my house.... Something that showed my love for all things old. Most of the accessories for the room I already owned. The entertainment center came from our beach house and needed a good coat of latte paint. The room is filled with touches of blue glass (which I dearly adore)! The bed coverings are just a mixture of quilts and covers I have used in the past. I did purchase the mantle ($35.00) for my headboard and the lamp on the side table from Hobby Lobby (using 50% off). The shade on the little lamp on the metal table was made using burlap and trim!!! I also made a couple of new art pieces to display in the room! I still want to add a few things to the room.... It will happen when I find the special touches it needs.

So... What is your favorite thing in my new room???



0 comments:

Post a Comment